Students, teachers and other members of the school community are entitled to borrow a book from the library as long as they have a valid ID to present for borrowing transactions.
- Present the book and your I.D. card to the Library Staff for check out or check in procedure.
General Circulation Books – A maximum of five (5) books for two (2) weeks can be borrowed by students. Teachers may borrow up to ten (10) books for two weeks including Interlibrary Loan.
Teacher’s Collection - teachers may borrow ten (10) books for one term.
General Reference Books - for Room Use only.
- Books may be renewed if unreserved by other library clientele.
|Overdue Fine||Php1.00 per day exclusive of weekends and holidays|
|Lost and Damage||
Replace with the exact same book; or
Pay for the current price of the book
Additional processing fee of PhP 65.00 (for both options)
To provide the latest experience on reading and listening audiobooks, the EMC subscribes to the leading provider of digital library. The service provides access to various e-books and audiobooks for free to its student and faculty members.
Anyone from the Ateneo de Manila Junior High School community may borrow a maximum of three (3) ebooks for fourteen (14) days. Interested borrowers should fill-out the form at the Circulation Counter to apply for a Library Card Number and a PIN.
- To download e-Books using any computer or laptop, follow these steps:
- Go to the Ateneo de Manila High School Digital Library page: http://ateneo.lib.overdrive.com
- At the top right corner of the web page, log-in using the provided Library Card Number and PIN.
- Browse or search any book that wants to be accessed. Just click on the "Borrow" button and simply follow the specified steps.
- To download eBooks using a tablet, smartphone or eReader, follow these steps:
- Download for free the "Overdrive" app via the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Once downloaded, open the Overdrive app and search for the AHS Digital Library. The correct search term is "Ateneo de Manila High School Library".
- After detecting the AHS Digital Library, log-in using the provided library card number and PIN.
- Browse or search for books. If you want to download a particular e-Book, click on the "Borrow" button and simply follow the specified steps.
One important tool for Selective Dissemination of Information, the EMC provides pathfinders on various subjects as requested by subject teachers to assist students for their research and academic needs.
The Periodicals’ Section is composed of loose and bound periodicals. It includes foreign and local subscriptions. These are classified into newspapers, professional journals, and general interest magazines.
- Newspapers are delivered daily. These can be found on the newspaper rack at the Periodicals Section.
- Professional journals are periodicals dedicated for the use of the administration, faculty, and staff. These are housed in the Faculty Reading Room.
- Magazines of general interest are displayed at the Periodicals’ Section [in the Main Reading Area]. These are available to all types of users.
The Librarian In-Charge of Periodicals maintains the Vertical File collection. This is a compilation of newspaper clippings cut-out from daily newspapers, pamphlets, and other reprints or photocopies of articles relevant to the school curriculum.
Articles are pasted on sheets of paper with the following details: article title, subject heading, newspaper title, date, and pagination.
|Article Title||PH firms vulnerable to cybercrime attacks|
|Subject Heading||Computer Crimes||Date||06-24-16|
|Newspaper Title||Manila Bulletin||Pages||B-3|
The Library provides two (2) book drop boxes for the convenience of the users of the Ateneo Junior High School community. The outdoor book drop boxes are located outside the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) and along EDSA Montserrat wing, and are meant for returning books only.
- Books should be slipped into the book drop boxes one at a time. Books should never be forced or jammed into the book drop boxes.
- Book drop boxes are checked once a day by the assigned library staff between 2:00-3:00 in the afternoon. Books returned after the said time will be considered returned the following day.
- Library borrowers may return borrowed book/s in the book drop boxes on or before the due date.
- For overdue books, the borrower should return them to the Circulation Counter to be informed of the corresponding fine. If the borrower returns it in the book drop box, the total amount of dues will be counted up to the date the book has been received by the library staff. Then the borrower will be informed about the amount of overdue fine he/she has to pay.
This is a special arrangement made with the Rizal Library and Senior High School wherein the JHS Library borrows books from their collection for the use of particular departments/offices in the High School.
The privilege of borrowing Intra-Library Loaned books is extended to all members of the community. Interested users should present filled-out Intra-Library Loan request form.
The cut-off for receiving ILL request is before 1:00 pm every Wednesday. Request/s made beyond the cut off schedule will be processed for next ILL schedule the following week. Pick-up for ILL request is every Wednesday from 3:00 pm onwards.
The Main Reading Area mainly serves as a venue for silent reading and learning. This may be reserved as a venue for class activities with the strict and close supervision of a faculty member.
- Library users are discouraged to discuss and hold group meetings in the Main Reading Area. Users should also avoid behaviors that would distract other users.
- Bags are not allowed inside the area. Users must leave their bags in the Bag Deposit Counter.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Main Reading Area.
- Cleanliness and orderliness of the area should be maintained. Users should push back their chairs after use and return used books before leaving the area.
- Use of mobile phone and tablets is strictly prohibited at all times.
Get a copy of the Library Handbook from the Circulation Counter for the complete list of library policies and procedures.